Here is a perfect fall breakfast dish, with lots of zinc, beta carotene and iron from the pumpkin and a punch of protein from the chia seeds.
Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding
You will need:
– 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
– ½ cup of soy or almond milk
– 1 cup of pure pureed organic pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix!)
– 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
– ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
– Dash of nutmeg
– Dash of cloves
– 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
If you’re looking for a higher protein breakfast, you can add a few tablespoons of your favorite protein powder. I like the organic Sun Warrior blend in vanilla because it’s tasty and doesn’t have a bunch of crap in it.
In a bowl, mix all ingredients. Leave in the fridge to sit for one hour. Enjoy!