This recipe for mini savory stuffed peppers is a fantastic appetizer, great for bringing to parties or munching at home by yourself.
Savory Stuffed Pepper Poppers
Serves: 4 | Time: 45 minutes
You will need:
24 mini bell peppers
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 onion, caramelized
1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
½ cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil
3 tbsp toasted sunflower seeds
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp crushed black pepper
1. Cut and core your peppers by slicing off the tops and removing the seeds.
2. In boiling water, blanch the peppers for 2 minutes and let cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 375. In a bowl, combine cooked quinoa, caramelized onion, basil, sun dried tomatoes, sunflower seeds, salt and pepper.
4. Using a spoon, stuff your peppers!
6. Bake your peppers for twenty minutes, let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!