This is a smoothie concoction I came up with while researching cures for hormone-induced acne. While that may not sound too appealing, food is the best health care, and this smoothie is as delicious as it is nutrient-packed.
So what ingredients are good for a glowing complexion? Orange for texture-improving vitamin C, coconut oil for essential fats, turmeric and ginger for brightening, maca powder for hormone balancing, spirulina for zinc, iron and deep sea minerals, and plenty of greens. I try and keep the fruit content here relatively low, as sugar is not good for acne flair.
I have been drinking one of these bad boys every day for the past two months and have seen major improvement in my skin. Note that I also gave up coffee (!) and processed sugar.
Skin-Saving Orange Banana Green Smoothie
Serves one hungry person or 2 snackers
- ½ of a banana, frozen
- Juice from 1 orange
- ½ inch nub of ginger, peeled.
- ¼ inch nub of turmeric, peeled.
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened non-dairy milk (more or less for your preferred thickness)
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Warrior Blend Vanilla Protein Powder (optional)
Throw em all in the blender and enjoy!