Aloha friends. We are currently 2 days into production of Courtesy Flush, and things have been crazy around here. Luckily, we have an awesome vegan chef on board—Andrew Johnson aka the Vegan Giant—so we all have been munching well. I have been reveling in my lack of dishes.
However, I would like to share with you one of the last things I whipped up before my cast and crew arrived and things got so nutty: Island-Style Purple Sweet Potato Salad. We went to a BBQ at our neighbor’s, and they made an awesome Okinawan potato salad using avocado. It was so delicious, and the color of the Okinawan potatoes made it just as beautiful as it was tasty. This is my rendition. Did I mention how healthy it is?
Island-Style Purple Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 pounds Okinawan sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
1. Boil sweet potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender. Stick in fridge for 1 hour to cool.
2. Cube potatoes. Add avocado, mayo, and lime juice. Mix well.
3. Add shredded coconut and raisins.